- Always store the boards in a dry place. Only install the boards if they are dry.
- Use a handheld circular saw or insulation saw (e.g. power handsaw, FESTOOL reciprocating saw, etc.) with vacuum attachment.
- Vacuum off the dust in accordance with applicable workplace safety regulations or practices.
- Always install the boards so the side with the marking is exposed on the exterior of the building.
- Max. rafter distance (centre-to-centre):
- Butt board joints tightly.
- Avoid walking on areas between the rafters.
- Immediately install battens after installing boards.
- Adhesive nail tapes or sealants are not required.
- Avoid cross joints.
- Do not use damaged boards.
- As a rule, the boards install perpendicular to rafters.
- Stagger butted side joints with the next row’s joint being centred no closer than the next rafter.
- All seams and roof joints must be properly sealed with the GUTEX Joint Sealing Kit to prevent the ingression of rain, e.g.
- Always install the boards so that their tongues point upwards.
- Boards are not designed and made to provide structural support, strength or bear loads.
- GUTEX Ultratherm is not a load-bearing structural element (e.g. snow).
- Avoid exposure to high levels of moisture (e.g. wet screed) on the interior sides of the boards.
Instructions for specific roof pitches:
Excerpt from "Guidelines for Roofing with Tiles"
- If the roof pitch does not exceed the minimum roof pitch and there are not more than three of the requirement-raising factors present, it is not necessary to tape the board joints.
- If the roof pitch is 8 ° less that specified standard, and up to three of the requirement-raising factors are present, it is not necessary to tape the board joints.
- If the roof pitch is 8 ° less that specified standard, a sub roof is required.
- Factors that may raise requirements are: roof pitch, construction, use, climate and local regulations/conditions.
To fasten GUTEX Ultratherm® that is 80 mm thick or greater, use approved screws.